So, I’m having fun practicing my hand lettering as I get ready for my wedding by making these escort cards. They’re inspired by these doily escort cards that I saw on Pinterest: (which should be banned for any brides who are within 90 days of their wedding).
I an DIY this! Yeah! We only have 80 guests. Or so. Some Still haven’t RSVP’d. It’ll all be ok. Gotta focus on the important things. Like writing down this tutorial for all the Internet to use and avoiding anymore hand lettering.
You will need:
- An interest or experience in hand lettering or calligraphy. I like to hand letter in my notes at work during meetings. I’ve gotten a little more practice at it now. Definitely don’t go into this without looking at a few tutorials. Or do, whatever.
- Cards! I used 80lb 4×6 Brown Craft Paper from ThunderBolt Paper. It’s already cut.
- Doilies. I just went on Amazon and bought a pack of these 4″ round paper doilies from Royal Paper The important thing is that your doily diameter is the same at the short edge of your paper.
- A nice pen. Don’t use some sort of Bic thing that you’d write your grocery list with. I used the 02 and the 05 pens from my Pigma Micron Set.
- Glue! A regular glue stick will be fine. Elmer’s Glue might also work. Modge Podge, too, I guess, but why waste your wonderful golden MP on something when a glue stick will work? You’re getting married. You should be counting your pennies.
Ready? Click through for the instructions.